Our homey freestanding birth center, located just one mile from Bridgton Hospital, includes a private birthing suite and a tub for gentle water birth. If you are giving birth in our birth center, we encourage you to bring items that make you feel most at home, a change of clothes, toiletries, music, camera and food.
About our Facilities
The Birth House is a project of Birthwise Midwifery School, a nationally recognized institution for training midwives. Our Birth Center and Community Clinic is located in a renovated wing of the historic Samuel Andrews mansion in Bridgton. The homey center includes clinic rooms, a library, a lounge, a kitchenette, accessible bathrooms, and a birthing suite.
- You decide who will be with or near you as your give birth. Children, parents, and friends are all welcome.
- We provide you with a warm, home-like environment in close proximity to Bridgton Hospital.
- Our birth center is equipped with a large birthing tub, birth ball, birth stool, and shower for your comfort during labor.
- Kitchenette allows for comfort foods during labor and in the immediate postpartum period.
- Our lovely green space and gazebo behind the birth center allow you to walk around outside during labor.
Free Consult and Tour
Call to schedule a free consultation visit with our midwives. This is an opportunity for you to come tour The Birth House, ask any questions, and learn about our scope of practice. Call us now at 207-647-5968.